The Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency recently announced dates for its Free Access Week at several nature reserves in the province.
Eastern Cape natures reserves to open for free
The Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency will open up 12 of its nature reserves for free during the months of September and October.
According to Tourism Update, the Free Access Week will occur from 30 September to 9 October 2023 and the public (day visitors) is invited to access any of 12 selected nature reserves across the Eastern Cape during this time.
Visitors will also be exempt from paying the conservation fees for the duration of this promotion. It’s important to note that free access will not be applicable to accommodation and overnight visitors.
Where to visit?
The following nature reserves will participate in the Free Access Week:
- Great Fish River Nature Reserve
- Thomas Baines Nature Reserve
- Waters Meeting Nature Reserve
- Tsolwana Game Reserve/Commando Drift Nature Reserve
- Mpofu Fort Fordyce Nature Reserve
- Oviston Nature Reserve
- East London Coast Nature Reserve
- Ongeluksnek Nature Reserve
- Dwesa Nature Reserve
- Silaka Nature Reserve
- Mkambati Nature Reserve
- Hluleka Nature Reserve