MSC Cruises special ‘Buy one get one free’ promotion has been extended due to to popular demand.
Because of its popularity, the cruise promotion, which stated that if passenger one booked any of the selected cruise departures, then passenger two would get to cruise for free, is now valid for bookings made from today, 10 March up to 25 March 2022. This promotion only applies to selected cruise departures. Their selected itineraries has also been updated, with a new Cape Town to Walvis Bay cruise of note.
According to MSC Cruises, with this promotion, the first passenger will pay brochure rates for a cruise on board the MSC Orchestra and the second passenger will cruise for free, with both passengers paying the mandatory charges.
MSC Cruises dates and departures
The promotion only applies for certain departures and dates only, running from February to May 2022. See the five new itineraries below:
- Durban – Pomene, Mozambique – Durban for four nights
- Durban – Pomene, Mozambique – Portuguese Island – Durban for five nights
- Durban – Port Elizabeth – Cape Town for four nights
- Cape Town – Walvis Bay, Namibia, – Cape Town for five nights
- Cape Town – Port Elizabeth – Durban for four nights
While taking advantage of such promotions are a no-brainer, it’s important to be aware of MSC Cruises specific COVID-19 regulations for all passengers. Here are some of the requirements/guidelines to know before you embark:
- A PRINTED copy of your cruise ticket(s), one per person travelling
- A PRINTED COPY of your Health Questionnaire completed a minimum of 6 hours before embarkation
- All Guests (2 years old and over) need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours of the day of embarkation
- All Guests (12 years old and over) have to be fully vaccinated with an approved Covid-19 vaccine with the final dose administered at least 14 days before the cruise departure date. Guests aged 12 – 17, having received a single shot a minimum of 14 days before the date of embarkation, will be accepted as fully vaccinated
- Unvaccinated guests (2 years to 11) will additionally have to undergo an antigen lateral flow test at the embarkation port at a cost of R300 per person.
- All vaccinated guests to present original COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or Digital Government Issued Vaccination Certificate, which must contain: Personal identifiers (at a minimum: full name and date of birth) that match the personal identifiers on the passport, name of official source issuing the record, vaccine manufacturer and date(s) of vaccination
- Guests over 18 years old that recovered from Covid-19 and received only one shot of the vaccine are not considered as fully vaccinated
- Proof of your Covid-19 insurance policy. This is only necessary if you purchased separate insurance to MSC Cruises South Africa insurance.